Celebrate the Best of Britain with our new collection of Tartan Blankets woven in 100% Pure New Wool. We use only pure wool milled and woven in the UK by Abraham Moon & Sons which was Founded in 1837. One of the last remaining vertical woolen mills in Great Britain with a reputation for consistent quality and innovative design.
Our collection of throws are heirloom quality and destined to become a favorite. The throws are durable, heavy, new pure wool and measure. 72" x 55". Perfect to snuggle up next to fire or read your favorite novel. The throws are versatile and can be used as beach, picnic, or car blanket in addition to snuggling up to read a book at take a nap.
Each blanket carries the Woolmark Logo which signifies the finest wool for interior textile products. Woolmark is one of the most renowned textile logos in the world. Created in 1964, the design represents the softness, elegance, and modernity of wool.
The value of the Woolmark brand is well established the world over in the apparel, interior textiles and home laundry sectors. When you see the Woolmark on a product it provides you with guaranteed pure new wool content and an assurance that you are purchasing a superior product.
HRH Campaign for Wool
The Campaign for Wool is a five year initiative convened by HRH The Prince of Wales to demonstrate wool's natural renewable qualities and unique versatility.
Wool organizations from around the world have come together with woolgrowers, manufacturers, designers and retailers to show you just how diverse and adaptable wool is. Our Mill is a strong advocate of the campaign and its messages.
The Benefits of Woolmark Wool!
Wool offers several levels of unique comfort to an interior environment. Its superior performance, in comparison to man-made fibres, saves money as furnishings and carpets will not need replacing as quickly. As well as providing a soft and luxurious feeling to furnishings and floorings, being a naturally occurring fibre it has so many other amazing benefits when used in home or public space interior design.
• Colour and Texture – Wool has excellent dye holding properties meaning woollen fabrics and floor coverings are available in every shade, pattern and texture. All of which combine to offer a stunning interior design.
• Durability with long lasting appearance – Wool is like a spring, it has natural crimp that allows it to return to its natural shape. Its complex coiled structure gives it great resilience against becoming flat and hard. Wool upholstery can also withstand perpetual use whilst retaining colour and form.
• Easy-care – The outside surface of wool fibre consists of a series of overlapping scales which means dirt sits on the surface making it extremely easy to remove with a simple vacuuming. This structure also means it does not absorb spills quickly allowing time for them to be easily blotted up.
• Naturally Anti-static – Wool generates very little static electricity. Static attracts lint, dirt and dust so its anti-static properties keep it cleaner for longer.
• Flame retardant –The high nitrogen and water content make wool a naturally fire retardant fibre which is hard to ignite. Wool does not melt, drip or emit fumes – the major cause of death in fire and also the major issue for restricting access by fire officers during incidents.
• Sound Insulation Properties - Wool is a natural acoustic insulator and can limit the spread of sound. It can help reduce sound reverberation and the transmission of noise from room to room and one level to another.
• Hypoallergenic – Wool is resistant to bacteria, mould and mildew that can trigger allergic reactions in people. Wool also has microscopic pores that respond effectively to changes in humidity making it unfavourable for the growth and breeding of the house dust mite whose allergens are one of the triggers for asthma attacks.
• Cleaner Internal Air - Enjoying a unique natural cell structure, wool can work in harmony with its environment. Not only does wool absorb harmful pollutants from the air, it does not re-emit them as it holds them permanently within its core. It’s estimated that wool used in interiors can help purify the air for 30 years.
• Energy Efficient – Wool has good insulation properties and by helping reduce heat transfer through floors, walls and windows, woollens can contribute to energy, financial and carbon savings arising in buildings.