Prince of Scots Presents a collection of 100% Pure New Wool Blankets destined to become a family favorite. Modern Meets Classic with a collection of Tartan Tweeds imported from the British Isles. A beautiful addition to the comfort and decor of your home.
The Highland Tweed collection of throws are heirloom quality and destined to become a favorite. The throws are durable, heavy, new pure wool and measure. 72″ x 55″. Perfect to snuggle up next to fire or read your favorite novel. A versatile throw that can be used as beach, picnic, or car blanket in addition to snuggling up to read a book at take a nap.
Each blanket uses the finest wool for interior textile products.
The Benefits of Wool!
Wool offers several levels of unique comfort to an interior environment. Its superior performance, in comparison to man-made fibres, saves money as furnishings and carpets will not need replacing as quickly. As well as providing a soft and luxurious feeling to furnishings and floorings, being a naturally occurring fibre it has so many other amazing benefits when used in home or public space interior design.
• Color and Texture – Wool has excellent dye holding properties meaning woollen fabrics and floor coverings are available in every shade, pattern and texture. All of which combine to offer a stunning interior design.
• Durability with long lasting appearance – Wool is like a spring, it has natural crimp that allows it to return to its natural shape. Its complex coiled structure gives it great resilience against becoming flat and hard. Wool upholstery can also withstand perpetual use whilst retaining colour and form.
• Easy-care – The outside surface of wool fibre consists of a series of overlapping scales which means dirt sits on the surface making it extremely easy to remove with a simple vacuuming. This structure also means it does not absorb spills quickly allowing time for them to be easily blotted up.
• Naturally Anti-static – Wool generates very little static electricity. Static attracts lint, dirt and dust so its anti-static properties keep it cleaner for longer.
• Flame retardant –The high nitrogen and water content make wool a naturally fire retardant fibre which is hard to ignite. Wool does not melt, drip or emit fumes – the major cause of death in fire and also the major issue for restricting access by fire officers during incidents.
• Sound Insulation Properties – Wool is a natural acoustic insulator and can limit the spread of sound. It can help reduce sound reverberation and the transmission of noise from room to room and one level to another.
• Hypoallergenic – Wool is resistant to bacteria, mould and mildew that can trigger allergic reactions in people. Wool also has microscopic pores that respond effectively to changes in humidity making it unfavourable for the growth and breeding of the house dust mite whose allergens are one of the triggers for asthma attacks.
• Cleaner Internal Air – Enjoying a unique natural cell structure, wool can work in harmony with its environment. Not only does wool absorb harmful pollutants from the air, it does not re-emit them as it holds them permanently within its core. It’s estimated that wool used in interiors can help purify the air for 30 years.
• Energy Efficient – Wool has good insulation properties and by helping reduce heat transfer through floors, walls and windows, woollens can contribute to energy, financial and carbon savings arising in buildings.
Durable, Heavy, New Pure Wool Blanket measures 59" x 72". Perfect to snuggle up next to fire or read your favorite novel. Imported from England.
- Multi Color Large Plaid Throw
- 59" X 72" with Fringed Edges. Imported from England.
- Heavy, Durable, 100% New Pure Wool.
- Woven in the British Isles. Perfect Blanket to Show the Holiday Spirit
- A Premium Product destined to become a family heirloom.