Prince of Scots Tartan Tweed 100% Wool Throw ~Camel Stewart ~
- The Perfect Beach or Picnic Blanket
- 72" X 55" with Fringed Edges
- Woolmark: 100% Heavy, Durable, New Pure Wool
- Woven in the British Isles by Centuries Old British Mill.
- Snuggle Up with a good book or cozy fire. Great Picnic Blanket Too!
- Destined to become your favorite Blanket. Family Heirloom Quality
The Benefits of Woolmark Wool!
Wool offers several levels of unique comfort to an interior environment. Its superior performance, in comparison to man-made fibres, saves money as furnishings and carpets will not need replacing as quickly. As well as providing a soft and luxurious feeling to furnishings and floorings, being a naturally occurring fibre it has so many other amazing benefits when used in home or public space interior design.
• Colour and Texture – Wool has excellent dye holding properties meaning woollen fabrics and floor coverings are available in every shade, pattern and texture. All of which combine to offer a stunning interior design.
• Durability with long lasting appearance – Wool is like a spring, it has natural crimp that allows it to return to its natural shape. Its complex coiled structure gives it great resilience against becoming flat and hard. Wool upholstery can also withstand perpetual use whilst retaining colour and form.
• Easy-care – The outside surface of wool fibre consists of a series of overlapping scales which means dirt sits on the surface making it extremely easy to remove with a simple vacuuming. This structure also means it does not absorb spills quickly allowing time for them to be easily blotted up.
• Naturally Anti-static – Wool generates very little static electricity. Static attracts lint, dirt and dust so its anti-static properties keep it cleaner for longer.
• Flame retardant –The high nitrogen and water content make wool a naturally fire retardant fibre which is hard to ignite. Wool does not melt, drip or emit fumes – the major cause of death in fire and also the major issue for restricting access by fire officers during incidents.
• Sound Insulation Properties - Wool is a natural acoustic insulator and can limit the spread of sound. It can help reduce sound reverberation and the transmission of noise from room to room and one level to another.
• Hypoallergenic – Wool is resistant to bacteria, mould and mildew that can trigger allergic reactions in people. Wool also has microscopic pores that respond effectively to changes in humidity making it unfavourable for the growth and breeding of the house dust mite whose allergens are one of the triggers for asthma attacks.
• Cleaner Internal Air - Enjoying a unique natural cell structure, wool can work in harmony with its environment. Not only does wool absorb harmful pollutants from the air, it does not re-emit them as it holds them permanently within its core. It’s estimated that wool used in interiors can help purify the air for 30 years.
• Energy Efficient – Wool has good insulation properties and by helping reduce heat transfer through floors, walls and windows, woollens can contribute to energy, financial and carbon savings arising in buildings.